Physical Capacity Profile
The Physical Capacity Profile® (PCP) is a comprehensive strength testing system administered through a proven, computerized software for post-offer or pre-employment physical exams.
The test includes 28 strength measurements from different areas of the body given at maximum effort. A typical PCP is collected in 30 minutes or less and results are available to the employer within seconds of completing the test.
The medical information is obtained and measured utilizing standards from the Department of Labor’s (DOL) five strength classifications of work and the American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines. The PCP Testing System is ADA and HIPAA compliant and has successfully undergone Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) audits.
What does the PCP include?
- Comprehensive Medical Review
- Upper Extremity Strength
- Lower Extremity Strength
- Active Lumbar Range of Motion
- Lower Extremity Mobility
- Maximum Lifting Capability
- Safe Lifting Technique
Why should you incorporate the PCP?
- Every $1 spent testing returns $8 - 12 in direct medical cost savings to employers
- 10% - 30% decrease in workers compensation premiums to employers
- 30% decrease in workers compensation injury rates
- Fewer missed workdays from work-related injury
- Lower claims costs for workers compensation payouts
- Decrease in experience rate modifications for insurance premiums
- Lower legal expenses and higher defense success rates in workers’ compensation cases
Not sure where to get started?
Give us a call and we can walk you through the process step-by-step!